Monday, April 21, 2008

The meeting with the dentist

After so many years, today, I visited the dentist. All because of the gap in my last molar tooth in the left side of the lower jaw. Actually, the hole was really small but noticeable. This was 3 years ago. I didn't do anything as it didn't bother me much. Until quarter of the chewing surface caved in last Saturday while I was eating kerepek. Haha. Imagine that suddenly while chewing the kerepek, there was a loud cracking sound and suddenly you find yourself biting on a very hard thing. Spit it out and found a white piece that have a smooth surface on one side and rough on the other side. How come a kerepek be something like that? and to your horror, you noticed that something's wrong and found that white thing was part of your teeth. Haha.

So when i look into the mirror at that particular tooth, I was horrified to see that it left a
deep hole. And thus, the meeting with the dentist today. Luckily it still can be rescued by a simple filling procedure. What a relief! I was worried that I need to undergo the Root Canal Therapy as I don't want it to be extracted (i dont want to wear dentures!!). Not to forget that the therapy alone (i think it should be called surgery) can cost up to rm800 minus other charges/procedures.

I always hear people say that if a tooth is decaying, other teeth will be affected. Luckily, the dentist told me that all my other tooth have no problem at all. Haha.
Lesson learned: If you noticed even a small hole in your tooth, consult your dentist immediately.

No comments: