Friday, January 16, 2009

Why?

I really wonder. Is it too hard to be a software developer? Is this kind of job only suited for geniuses? No, I'm not boasting here. I'm actually sad.

My current company is having walk-in interviews each month since its establishment here in Malaysia. We have openings for more than 40 Java Developers, 10 Senior Java Developers and 15 QA Engineers. So far, it is only dominated by the Chinese people. I'm not being a racist here. The company is not even owned by Chinese. It's a British company and the main interviewer is an Australian guy.

Just that I wonder what happened to all those from my race especially my friends that boasted a lot when they got in the Software Engineer or Information Systems Engineering faculties?

Last time I remember, you guys boasted a lot and even criticized students from other faculties for not being able to be in the popular stream. Today, in the industry, where the hell are you guys hiding? Tech Support?? Call centers? WTH???!! You guys are putting all your knowledge to waste. Might as well exchange faculties with me back there.

And there I was, extending my studies for 2 years just because I didn't get my dream faculty. You guys laughed, kept on making fun of me by asking when will I graduate and boasting that by the time I graduate, you guys will have digits in your paychecks and will be in the managerial level.

Who's having the last laugh now?Seems like I'm in a far more better position currently doing things that I enjoy and love. Damn I hate those people.

1 comment:

dBot+AdibA-waN said...

im "soft" hearted n "wear" heels..can i fit in s engineer? hehehe.. juz wana say hye.. =)