Tuesday, September 25, 2007

in between..

Received a call from Jocelyn (Java developer team leader) at 8am sharp asking me where to park her motorbike. Whoa, she actually arrive at the office that early and that time I was still at home getting ready for the day. Talk about fast.

well, ain't much work for today. Today's progress of the BladeCenters started at noon so I had some sweet time surfing the internet for entertainment which I usually don't have much time to during office hours except searching for solutions to any algorithm that I'm developing and to my dismay, I was caught by Jocelyn who was actually sitting next to my partition and she began asking me to help the EO team on some coding task. So much for my sweet time. Anyway, I won't complain as I myself agreed to help. By the way, I don't have much work to do either.

I wonder when will I be really doing some R&D stuffs on that grid computing thing. It does interest me a lot but juggling between two separate job scope for the time is not really easy for me. Have been trying to do some research on my own at home, but other things kept me from it. Anyway, people do say that we shouldn't bring office work to home.

Being a Software Engineer but doing nothing in exception for maintaining existing software is not a good idea for me. This time, I wonder when will we be doing some development of new applications. That, would be the thing that will suit my likings and that would really put to use of my skills.

I wonder......

No comments: